Turmeric and Diabetes
Diabetes is not only a disease where you can suffer from a lot of complications, but there are also a few different types, which can be contracted at any time in a person’s life. Here’s a look at the different types of diabetes, and how turmeric can help reverse certain aspects of the disease, as well as lower the risk of getting it.
Types of Diabetes
Turmeric and diabetes go together in the regard that this simple spice can help reduce a lot of the problems people have when they suffer from any type of diabetes. Here are the different types.
This type occurs when the body doesn’t make enough insulin. It commonly affects children and no one knows for sure what the cause is, but it’s thought to be hereditary.
This type occurs when the body doesn’t respond to insulin in the proper way, which can happen for a number of reasons. Two are that a person is overweight or that they don’t eat a lot of healthy foods.
This is the type of diabetes that women have when they’re pregnant. There are certain risk factors for it, but any pregnant woman can get it sometime during their pregnancy. Some of the risk factors are being overweight before you got pregnant or being susceptible for diabetes before you conceived.
It’s important to mention that you will need to check with your doctor before taking turmeric if you’re pregnant because it’s important to be sure that you aren’t hurting yourself or your baby.
Ways Turmeric Can Help
Turmeric is able to assist with each type of diabetes in so many different ways. Here are some of the most impressive ways.
- Can help lower blood sugar. Turmeric can help with blood sugar levels, which is one of the most important parts of managing your diabetes. When your blood sugar levels aren’t in a normal range, someone may suffer a stroke or develop a host of other health problems. It helps by allowing the body to absorb insulin properly, so you’re body isn’t working against you when it comes to breaking down your foods.
- Helps repair cells. This root is also able to repair cells and keep them from dying off. It’s even able to promote your immune system, so you will be protected from other types of sicknesses. At the same time, it also keeps cells, all over your body, from breaking down, which can lead to cell death or other problems.
- May lower cholesterol. Another really cool thing that turmeric does is keep blood vessels from contracting. This means that the plaque and cholesterol in your veins isn’t able to clump together as easily, since the heart won’t have a hard time keeping the blood flowing properly through your body. The cholesterol should then be able to move around to where it needs to go without getting trapped in a place where it could harm you.
- Aids weight loss. Turmeric helps your intestines work efficiently, which is able to help with weight loss. In other words, when you eat foods, it has a better chance of being absorbed properly, instead of causing you to have indigestion or something like that. It may also keep fatty deposits from occurring in your body, which will make it harder for you to gain unwanted pounds.
- Gets rid of toxins. Something that is beneficial to anyone is the fact that turmeric can help release the body of toxins. This includes things like heavy metals. It does this by binding onto them and allowing them to leave the system. Once you have fewer toxins, your body won’t have as much trouble doing the jobs it needs to do, so you might see your health improve even more.
- Helps with pain and swelling. You may already know that turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, which is one reason why it’s able to help with so many things. When it comes to diabetes, it will lessen swelling and pain levels and make you feel better overall.
- Keeps wounds clean and heals them. You can also use turmeric powder to clean any wounds you may have. Diabetes causes people to get wounds that are next to impossible to heal. If you rub this ground spice on your skin, you may see even the most troublesome wound heal. It’s able to keep the skin clean and kill off any microbes that have tried to thrive. This will promote renewal and help heal the affected area.
How to Use It
There are easy ways to get turmeric in your diet besides just taking the ground powder. Most people use what is known as a paste. You boil water and add turmeric, black pepper, and coconut oil, so you’ll have a concoction that is ready to go at all times.
With this mixture, you can either add it to food, or eat it right off of a spoon. It’s a completely natural remedy that will work when you have taken it for a while. Some people see results after just a few weeks, but it may take up to 3 months for you to notice a real difference.
However, you should do a bit of research on your own to see how much it is advisable to take and if any of the medicines you are on will interfere with the spice.
Turmeric and diabetes should be talked about when you are searching for relief for this disorder. There are so many ways that this orange substance can help people that have this disease, especially if it often causes them pain and is keeping them from enjoying their lives.
It is said to be able to help bodies absorb insulin better, heal wounds, and even clear out toxins, which can be extremely life changing. Make a paste and use it to see how it can help you, since you have nothing to lose but negative side effects.