In this review, we take look at Physician’s Choice Turmeric Curcumin supplement capsules. This product came to our attention through its highly ranked reviews from verified purchasers at Amazon. So we purchased two bottles and tried them. Keep reading to see what we found out.
- 250 milligrams 95% standardized curcuminoids per capsule
- 250 milligrams organic (not USDA certified) whole turmeric rhizome per capsule
- 50 mg Indian Frankincense (Boswellia Serrata) per capsule
- 50 mg organic ginger rhizome per capsule
- 2.5 mg black pepper fruit (Bioperine) per capsule
- 60 capsules per bottle
- 30 day supply using 2 capsules per day
- Vegan-friendly, vegetable cellulose capsule
- No GMO, soy, gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, shellfish
- Other ingredients – microcrystalline cellulose & silicon dioxide to stop caking
- Manufactured in the USA in an FDA registered, GMP certified facility
- Third-party tested, not tested on animals
- Money-back guarantee
Advantages – Physician’s Choice Turmeric Curcumin
The main advantage of this product is its relatively large dose of 95% standardized C3 curcuminoid complex. Most supplements that contain standardized curcumin or curcuminoid extract contain 75mg or less per capsule. Whereas Physician’s Choice contains 250mg per capsule.
Secondly, Physician’s Choice Turmeric Curcumin uses the patented C3 curcuminoid complex versus solely curcumin. As you may read on our home page, there are three chemical compounds that comprise the curcuminoid complex – diferuloylmethane, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin.
Physician’s Choice also contains Boswellia Serrata and organic ginger, both known to help bring down inflammation, as well as BioPerine to optimize absorption by the digestive system.
Disadvantages – Physician’s Choice Turmeric Curcumin
The disadvantages we saw in this product are mainly related to price and ingredients. The price is a little higher than average, but considering the fact that it contains a superior formulation of all three curcuminoids in a high dose, we think the price is justified.
The other slight disadvantage, in our opinion, is the need to include trace amounts of microcrystalline cellulose & silicon dioxide to stop caking. These anti-caking agents are not necessary when capsules contain only whole turmeric or smaller doses of curcumin. However, the manufacturer claims it is impossible to formulate high doses of curcuminoid complex in capsule form without this ingredient.
We should also mention Physician’s Choice is not certified organic, and this is also a slight negative. However, you should know that the whole turmeric and whole ginger portions of the formulation ARE certified organic. It is only the curcuminoid complex extract portion that is not certified. We did some additional research on the source of this extract and found that the manufacturer does claim their extract is certified organic. So we don’t know why Physician’s Choice has chosen to be so conservative with its disclosure.
Summary – Physician’s Choice Turmeric Curcumin
The Turmeric Guru has been using this product for over a month with good results. As we’ve stated before, our pain management program has been a resounding success for so long, and our turmeric curcumin protocol is such a large part of life, that we really only notice a change when something doesn’t work. In the case of Physician’s Choice Turmeric Curcumin, everything worked as advertised and we remain pain and inflammation free.
The anti-caking ingredients are something we normally take issue with. But given this product’s unique, high strength formula, we’re willing to overlook it. Would we take this product alone for months upon end? Probably not. But we see no issues with taking it for a month and then rotating to another supplement. For alternative product ideas, we recommend referring to our top turmeric supplements page or to our Reviews section and drill down into other product reviews.
- PROVEN PATENTED TURMERIC CURCUMIN: Watch out for turmeric curcumin supplements claiming high potency using ONLY 150 mg or less of 95% standardized curcuminoids, which is the active compound providing REAL health benefits. Our C3 Curcumin contains 500 mg of 95% standardized curcuminoids, and is pure organic turmeric with Bioperine, boswellia extract, & ginger.
- STANDARDIZED BOSWELLIA & TURMERIC: Ultimate relief of achy joints and stiff muscles. Two potent inflammation-fighting herbs, using the highest standardized extracts: turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids and boswellia serrata with 65% standardized boswellic acid.
- ORGANIC TURMERIC & GINGER: Ginger and turmeric have been used for centuries in traditional herbal medicines to help reduce inflammatory conditions. A powerful antioxidant, organic ginger root works with organic turmeric curcumin to help reduce pain and stiffness throughout the body. Turmeric with ginger is also widely used to help with stomach and GI tract issues.
- POWERFUL JOINT SUPPORT: Our curcumin C3 with Bioperine (Black Pepper Extract) is made with organic turmeric root, C3 Curcumin Complex, boswellia and ginger for unmatched joint support and inflammatory response. C3 Curcumin Extract has been proven in over 80 clinical trials and is the most effective turmeric curcumin supplement available.
- SAFETY ASSURED STANDARD OF QUALITY: Our Turmeric is 3rd-party tested for purity and manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients in an FDA & cGMP-certified registered facility. More effective than turmeric curcumin root, C3 Curcumin is a turmeric extract made from the three main active compounds, which provide the therapeutic benefits (anti-inflammatory support, antioxidant effects) turmeric is known for.
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.