In this review, we take a look at PuraThrive Liquid Turmeric Extract. Is it really the purest form of turmeric extract on the market? What are the benefits and drawbacks of using this product? Read on for our take on this unique but somewhat expensive product.
Each bottle contains 60 milliliters or 2 fluid ounces of organic turmeric liquid extract in liposomal form. The delivery mechanism is somewhat unique compared to other products in that it does not use a traditional dropper. The Purathrive liquid turmeric bottle is held to the mouth and by pressing the top the correct dose of liquid turmeric extract is pumped out for delivery under the tongue. What is the correct dose? Purathrive says each bottle is designed to last one month for a single user at a rate of 2 ml per dose. Each pump delivers 0.25 ml so one dose equals eight pumps.
PuraThrive liquid turmeric extract is stamped with a packaging date. If unopened, the product is good for one year from that date and should be refrigerated and used within 60 days after opening.
Be aware that this is not 95% standardized curcumin. It is the extract of whole turmeric rhizome. Is this good or bad? Well, in our opinion it is neither. We like taking concentrated curcumin via capsules and supplementing with whole turmeric either through cooking or liquid extracts.
- Organic whole turmeric extract in liposomal form
- 550 milligrams turmeric-curcumin complex per dose
- No GMOs, fillers, binders or artificial colors
- Vegan-friendly using no animal products
- Gluten-free with Fulvic Acid complex for enhanced absorption
- Made in the USA in an FDA inspected and GMP certified facility
- Unconditional 100% satisfaction guaranty
Advantages – PuraThrive Liquid Turmeric Extract
PuraThrive claims up to 20x better bioavailability, i.e. more efficient absorption into the bloodstream than non-liposomal products. Liposomes form a barrier around each turmeric molecule that is resistant to the body’s natural digestive processes. By suspending the turmeric inside microscopic liposomal capsules, it survives the digestive process and makes its way into the bloodstream. Purathrive claims that liposomal encapsulation negates the need for formulation with black pepper or Bioperine.
Disadvantages – PuraThrive Liquid Turmeric Extract
- If you are not familiar with the raw flavor of turmeric it may take some time to acclimate
- The product can be a bit thick and “gooey” so be careful not to spill
- Natural remedies are subtle, and consistent use for two months should be tried before deciding if your condition is responding
- This product is more expensive than competing liquid turmeric products
Summary – PuraThrive Liquid Turmeric Extract
PuraThrive Liquid Turmeric Extract is a quality product that commands a premium price. We like the fact that it is derived from the whole turmeric rhizome as there are benefits to be gained from the many polyphenols other than curcumin. Plus, we are already taking concentrated curcumin in capsule form so this product is an efficient way to supplement with whole turmeric.
The Turmeric Guru has been taking large quantities of turmeric and concentrated curcumin for so long that pain and inflammation are no longer issues. So when we tried this product it was not immediately clear that there was any difference compared to our regular routine. The good news is there was no recurrence of pain or visible inflammation when trying PuraThrive liquid turmeric, so we think it’s worthy of a try.