Health Ranger Liquid Turmeric Extract is one of our favorite products. As you may read in the following review, it has all the important features we look for and tastes great, as well. We find that having a bottle of liquid turmeric extract in the fridge is a good way to grab-and-go when cooking with turmeric isn’t on the agenda or when your capsules aren’t handy.
- Certified Organic
- Certified Vegan
- Certified Kosher
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- 100% alcohol-free
- Sourced from India but manufactured in the USA
- 60 milliliters (two fluid oz) per bottle
One serving (1/4 tsp or 2 droppers) contains the equivalent of 550 mg of raw turmeric powder. Each bottle contains 48 servings at one serving per day. It tastes almost like a sweet curry with a touch of cinnamon.
Health Ranger liquid turmeric extract is not standardized to a specific level of curcuminoids because they say this process is not natural, and that standardization is a term borrowed from the pharmaceutical industry.
The product is sourced from organic farms in India. Shelf life is two years from the manufacturing date, but this can be significantly extended through refrigeration. The extraction process uses no alcohol, only purified water free of contaminants. Store in a cool, dark, dry place. While you may store turmeric at room temperature, to extend its lifespan store in the refrigerator.
This product is more absorbable than the dried form of turmeric, but absorbability can be enhanced even more if taken with black pepper. It has been tested via ICP-MS and verified A+++ according to the heavy metals standards published at Low Heavy Metals Verified.
Advantages – Health Ranger Liquid Turmeric Extract
- reduces inflammation throughout the body
- helpful in addressing all types of pain including headache
- mood enhancer capable of helping with mild symptoms of depression
- supportive of the digestive process and overall gut health
- overall brain health, aids in the capacity to concentrate and focus
- helpful in lowering blood sugar levels, balancing cholesterol levels
Disadvantages – Health Ranger Liquid Turmeric Extract
- Some may consider the fact that this is a whole turmeric product rather than 95% standardized curcumin to be a disadvantage. We disagree, so long as the manufacturer discloses this.
Summary – Health Ranger Liquid Turmeric Extract
Health Ranger liquid turmeric is a quality product that tastes great. It’s organic and tested to confirm against heavy metal contamination. It’s not a standardized curcumin content, but then neither are all capsule supplements. And many of those that do claim 95% standardized curcumin only refers to a portion of the capsule’s contents, the remainder being powder from whole turmeric. This is not necessarily a negative as the entire range of phytonutrients and curcuminoids can only be gained from the whole turmeric form. For additional product reviews of liquid turmeric extracts see to our top ten liquids page.